It is the highest transcended place of Heaven and is the or the dwelling-place of God, the blessed, celestial beings so divine they are made of pure light, and the source of light and creation.
The first Archangels themselves once dwelled within such a place, and only five known archangels have been there and personally seen God. Those five being the first archangels; Michael, Lucifer, Gabriel, Raphael and Uriel. Metatron is known to have also witnessed God in His abode.
To properly describe the Empyrean is said by many to be utterly impossible in human words. However, according to a certain prophet of God, who was fit and worthy enough to enter the Empyrean and even witness God, he describes witnessing an enormous rose, symbolizing divine love, the petals of which are the enthroned souls of the faithful. Angels fly around the rose like bees, distributing peace and love.
The Empyrean is also said to be the realm of which angelic weapons are forged as well. And it is there where the element of fire, or more specifically the divine fire of God known as Aether, is known to manifest and course throughout the realm of the high heaven. The archangel Jophiel oversees the forging of the weapons of Heaven, as well as the gardening that is formed in the interior. The archangel Metatron, on the other hand, is tasked with guarding the outer layers of the Empyrean while writing down the names of those who are most worthy to enter and win over God's favor. The realm is also guarded by a group of powerful angels known as the Empyrean Guard who are equal in power to the true Archangels themselves.
- The name was used as a name for the Firmament, and in Christian literature, notably the Divine Comedy.
- It could be considered the capital city of Heaven.
- If so, it is the smallest city within Heaven with only a couple hundred citizens at the bottom of it.
- Given that Pandemonium is the capital city within Hell, it is more than likely that it was made as a dark reflection of the Empyrean.
- The same can also be said for the Dark Tapestry which is the capital abode of the Outer Gods within the Outerverse. Both cases were said to serve as a mockery towards Heaven and God.